The Entrepreneurship Minor
The Entrepreneurship Minor requires the completion of the following over a minimum of three semesters:
- ECON 101 or 111 (with a grade of C or better)
- ECON 125
- ECON 325
- One track course (ECON 327 or equivalent)
- ECON 393
- An internship
The Shuford Program is open to all students, regardless of their major. We are the only Entrepreneurship Program in the country housed in the College of Arts and Sciences. We wish to attract students who are committed to the goals of our program: growing innovation and entrepreneurship at Carolina and around the world. We hope that through the application process we can gain a better understanding of why you are interested in learning more about the theory and practice of entrepreneurship and the unique abilities you will contribute to our entrepreneurial community.
We are committed to having an academic program with members from a diversity of majors, a diversity of race and gender, and a diversity of on- and off-campus activities. Will you come join our diverse group?
- To be enrolled in or have completed ECON 125
- Your resume: detail your relevant experience and accomplishments.
- Your essay: in 300 words, tell us why you want to a part of the Shuford Program and how it will help you to achieve your goals. Please provide any examples that would help us better understand your abilities, goals, and/or your commitment to diversity as defined above. Attachments are welcome including but not limited to websites, articles, and videos. Be creative!
Contact Connor Winkler at Cwinkler@live.unc.edu or call 919-843-8824 during business hours.